Friday, February 4, 2011

Warrior: Full Guide!

Hey guys! Tristie here, and as part of my new daily routine of posting up blogs, here is a basic - advanced warrior PvP guide for your pleasure, enjoy! 



Talents: We will be covering Arms Specialization throughout the entirety of this guide, due to the fact that it is the predominant PvP specialization as of this patch (Cataclysm 4.0.3)

Currently there are only two popular builds in mainstream use for arms warriors.

The first: 32/6/3 




Advantages: Massive amounts of damage, virtually unparalleled by any other class up to date. You will be a God. Since Heroic Strike is now one of the main attacks used at this level in PvP, the talent Incite, is extremely useful to keep up constant critical strikes, and damage. Also, as we all know, (I can never stress this enough to other warriors) more critical strikes = more rage GAINED. More rage gained for attacks = more damage DEALT. But now we move onto-

Disadvantages: No Drums of War. If being able to Pummel and Shield bash without setting you back any rage wasn't good enough, how about being able to spam Piercing Howl on those pesky Druids? (Druids cannot shape shift out of the slowing effect Piercing howl, unlike other snares or slows) Yeah, I thought it was pretty damn awesome myself, so why in the hell not specialize into it? I have no idea either.

Do I recommend this build? No.

Under what circumstances would I? If you have a secondary silence in your 2s and or 3s teams, who can cover your back if you're unable to silence a spell because you are rage starved. This build is PURELY damage.




The second: 35/6/0

 



Advantages: You now have drums of war! Druids are killable! It's not only versatile, but you retain most of your damage (Without the added perk of being able to spam Heroic Strike criticals all over the faces of your opponents like a boss) On top of this, you also have another ability, Sweeping Strikes, which the previous specialization chose not to take advantage of. So if you ever get caught in a tricky situation that leaves you fighting more than one opponent by yourself, this will come in handy.
  
Disadvantages: None.


Do I recommend this build? Yes. This is not only the build I personally use, but recommend to all warriors just starting out on the PvP scene.

Under what circumstances would I not recommend this build? (The person who wrote these questions is just kidding, don't worry)

Next up: Glyphs 

Glyphs are pretty easy to choose, since most of them are build specific. Take for example Glyph of Sweeping Strikes, which reduces the rage cost of your Sweeping Strikes ability by 100%. The talent Sweeping Strikes can only be obtained by going through the Arms Specialization tree. The glyphs best suited to PvP are below: 



 Now I know most veteran warriors in here are laughing their asses off because I went with  double shout glyphs as my Minors, and glyph of Rapid Charge in my Majors. The reasoning behind my choices are simple, there are no other good Minors. "But glyph of intimidating shout!" No, it's not good. I would much rather have my enemy flee away from me then stand still while feared... that's sort of the point of FEAR. As for my major, Glyph of Rapid Charge is a 7% reduction on my overall charge cool down. This equates to roughly 2.4 seconds off of its cool down, which can be game deciding. 



Thank you for reading guys, I hope you enjoyed this World of Warcraft guide and I just wanted to give you a heads up for what to expect on this blog in the next week or so:




A full restoration Druid guide.

A full frost Mage guide. 

 A full unholy Death Knight guide.

A combat game play arms Warrior guide. 

A legitimate way to lower your ping in game, and my visit to an EU server! 




Have fun, play to win. 





----------------------------------------------------

Want to help out with next week's guide, become a featured blog, or claim a prize? Send all emails and inquiries to:winthegamewow@hotmail.com


35 comments:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

More!!

Great stuff bro

Anonymous said...

reading this just makes me want to reactivate my account again

shadi said...

it is nice game i played before

phil said...

cool game, nice blogg too!

tyrone said...

awesome guide.. i hate druids

Yockopoe said...

Finally I girl on WoW, following you!

mulesense said...

Looking forward to more posts like this!

Primitive said...

looks awsome as!

Rankulus said...

Just getting into WoW now so this will be of great help. Thanks and followed for more guides!

---
http://lrn2pokemon.blogspot.com
For all your Pokemon needs!

Waaaoi said...

Cool stuff. You should do a shaman talent/glyph guide :P

http://musicnewslife.blogspot.com/ my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Was also going to suggest writing a guide!

Matt Bret said...

can't wait for frost mage guide :)

xX13vamper37Xx said...

need to get back into this game...lol

Death1337 said...

Commenting for great WOW justice!
85 mage , frostmourn , dont play wow much anymore due to studies but i heard deathwing gun be 80 man raid.

kittens here! said...

Thank you for the advice bro. Followed.

Quagles said...

Might give it a try on my warrior, but I'm only 80 atm.

Jik said...

you make me want to make a warrior :P

Caleb Mooney said...

Great post! Make one for priests imo.

rego87 said...

Very good, in-depth guide. I haven't got my WoW on in some time now but I'm thinking of coming back and I'll use this guide to help me.

G said...

Great post and guide...now following
Might even check out WoW :)

Anon said...

there is nothing better than a good dps furry warri :) played a lot wow for some years. but now ive got a job so no time :D

Mike said...

drum of war used to be my favorite! that was a big dissapointment

rickysha said...

Pushing me to resubscribe. Especially with cata out.

beyondthisall said...

Thanks, now im playing this game agagin..

Anonymous said...

I love WoW, great article too!

cardwell83 said...

This is a great blog bro, keep up the good work. Check out my blog.

Aesop said...

Warriors seem to be lacking in Cataclysm. I feel like I never see them anymore. Nevertheless, great post, enjoyed reading it.

tangerine nectarine lemons said...

Fantastic guide!

Nik Mekeena said...

Great blog, Im gonna start following you!! Check out mine blog too if youd like.

Unknown said...

Keep it coming man, great stuff.

andrewpledger said...

never really got into WoW but nice looking blog

metalpark_73189 said...

Never played WoW but I'm supporting!

http://marksantsrants.blogspot.com/

Eindb44s said...

I always had a problem picking the right glyps and build

Berate said...

Priests rock Warriors.
For the Horde!

Post a Comment

 

World of Warcraft: Win the game © 2008 . Distributed by Blogger Templates. Design By: SkinCorner